Monday, March 9, 2009

Shifting Sands Scarf


Completed: March 2009

Pattern: Shifting Sands Scarf, by Grumperina

Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted (100% merino), #504 Rattan, 2 x 216yd/100g

Notes: This is a beautiful pattern. I used it as my on-the-go project because after 1 or 2 repeats, you can easily memorize the pattern and see where you need to be. Plus, if you cable without a needle, that makes the project even more portable.


I cast on 42 sts for a slightly less wide scarf. When I got to my second skein, I precut some yarn for the fringe, and then I just kept knitting till I ran out of yarn. I ended up with a 6” x 62” scarf, not counting the fringe. Yes, the ends do curl a bit, but this is easily resolved once you block it and put on the fringe.

1 comment:

Twisted Knitter said...

What a perfect scarf for our occasional cold snaps! This looks like just the right length and width too.