Monday, August 6, 2007

Summertime Tunic 2



Completed: August 2007

Pattern: Summertime Tunic, Interweave Knits

Yarn: Rowan Calmer #475 (75% cotton, 25% acrylic), 2 x 50g balls (175yds each)

Notes: I basically just scaled down a version of this for my Sweetie since she liked mine so much. The main thing I changed for hers was that I divided the stitches nearly evenly for the front as for the back since a 7-year-old doesn't need much shaping. I probably could have also omitted the keyhole opening in the front. Anyway, she loves it and had fun picking out the ribbon. We decided to tie the ribbons at the shoulders instead of in front, just to add that extra girly touch!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I do love this, tks for sharing the lovely model with us.

I would like to knit this for a friend's 6yo DD. Can u share the knitting tips wif me. Tks.

How many st do u cast yrs, needle size? I m thinking to use Bendigo 4ply cotton.

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Looks very beautiful and girly.