Monday, March 15, 2010

Wisteria




Completed: March 2010

Pattern: Wisteria, by Kate Gilbert

Yarn: Sublime Yarns Extra Fine Merino Wool DK (100% extra fine merino), #0002, 9.5 x 127yd/50g

Notes: I followed Larisa’s modifications for this one (Rav link). The waist was slightly altered to fit me better, and I knit the sleeves as she did. Since I followed the 37” size, I picked up just 1 extra stitch for the sleeve, for a total of 60. This matched the final stitch count needed for the sleeve, so I just knit straight till I reached the cables. Then, I followed the chart as if all the knit stitches were already filled in and disregarded the directions to make more stitches. The sleeve cable was extended by a few extra rows to match the length of the bottom hem cable. On the last row of the cable, I kept all the purl stitches in pattern and did not convert any of them to knit stitches the way they are on the hem.


No comments: