Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Bangles

Completed: December 2007

Pattern: Tutorial at See Mi Knit

Yarn: Rowan Calmer #475 (75% cotton, 25% acrylic), remnants

Notes: Very fun, very easy. As usual, the knitting went quickly, but it languished in my project basket for awhile because I didn't feel like seaming it up. In retrospect, though, the seaming was fairly painless and I should just get over the aversion. I got the bangles at one of those accessory stores in the mall--I think it was at Icing. It was a light fabric-covered thing. I was worried that I'd have so find some way to anchor the knitting so that it wouldn't twist around to where the seam was showing, but I tried putting it on and taking it off several times, and it didn't seem to be a problem, so I left it alone.

The project did highlight for me the fact that I have a problem with uneven reverse stockinette stitches that flank the cable. If you know of any good solutions for this, let me know!


No comments: