Friday, December 29, 2006

Fluffy Lace Camisole


Completed: March 2005

Pattern: Fluffy Lace Camisole, Weekend Knitting

Yarn: Rowan Kidsilk Haze, 2 balls. Very beautiful yarn, but very hard to frog your mistakes!

Notes: This is a gorgeous lace pattern that is a lot simpler than it looks. I did change it a bit, though. For row 3 of the lace pattern in the round. It starts out
K2, *yo, sl1, etc.*.
I
think that first K2 just ends up leaving an area that is too obviously different from the rest of it. Instead, I started the row right off with the yo, sl1, etc. when working in the round. Since you are doing an extra yo, it will result in an added stitch on row 3, but you'll drop that yo on row 4.

I converted this to a scoopneck instead of a V-neck. I have to say that it is quite blocky when you first put it on. I would have added some waist shaping but didn't have enough skill to add that and still stay in the lace pattern. When you pull it down, though, it kind of conforms itself a bit better to your body. The cowl neck is really too big for those knitting the smallest size. I would have definitely made this smaller since it's very hard to drape the way it is.

No comments: